Saturday, December 18, 2010

Southern Comfort II

Here is the second ink drawing of my front porch.  I lightened up on the perspective a bit so it wasn't as severe as the first one which you can see below dated November 30th.  I'm still not as happy with this one as I was with the original sketch which you can see here.  Most likely the perfectionist in me talking.  I think I need to use a different kind of shading for the ceiling, too.  I like it better than the first ink drawing, so I'm making progress.  It's really hard for me to not use a straight edge to make my lines!  Micron pen on Stonehenge paper 3.75 x 6 inches.

14 comments:

Deborah said...

I like the slightly wavy lines of this one better. It gives it a softer look.

Alex said...

I love it, it's an improvement, but I actually love both versions.
:)

bettyfromtexas said...

It's very lovely . . . so romantic in feeling! The various textures you've used give it such character!!

raena said...

Very nice perspective!

travelingsuep said...

This is great. I prefer it to the 1st ink version and like the comparison with the original pencil one.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

jill said...

I would be so happy to make a drawing like this

jenna said...

I also like the nearly perfect lines, but can certainly sympathize with the desire to bring in the straight edge =)

Sandra said...

I like the first one better. The darkened posts on the second seem too strong and dominating. This comes from a person who finds it hard to get the right perspective in her drawings! Yours are great.

Cathy Holtom said...

I like the perspective and the lines look fine to me. It's at this point I always get my black coloured pencil out..I can't resist!

donna said...

If you feel you are making progress, then you are successful. I think it looks great.

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Sherie, WOW! And, you must have lots of patience. I'm impressed by your ability to work the pen and keep consistent in your patterns and textures. The effect is lovely.

Sasa said...

Wow, I am happy that I found your blog, lovely drawings! And lines are just beautiful.

kazumiwannabe said...

I like the other one too, I think I like them both for their differences! The precise linework works so well, it looks very cool!

Dan Kent said...

I saw this shortly after you posted, but must have been tired because I see I didn't comment. Excellent drawing - I like the perspective as well. I like the other one too.