Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze Died today

Patrick Swayze lost his battle with pancreatic cancer today. I usually don't do portraits of celebrities, but, I will make an exception in this case. Because Patrick Swayze was more than a celebrity. He was an honest-to-goodness movie star in the most traditional sense. He wasn't flamboyant and wasn't constantly chasing the limelight like some bigger, but less talented actors. Now, that's just my opinion. He was married to his wife for 34 years! That says a lot about his character, especially from someone living the Hollywood life. Rest in peace, Patrick. May your spirit soar! I did this in 2B pencil in my moleskine.

4 comments:

Alex said...

This is such a nice tribute sketch, and you certainly did a wonderful job. I think he's a great actor too, and I'll always remember him as the one with a lot of heart and soul in his famous movies like Ghost. RIP Mr. Swayze

Melissa Sabin said...

What a good tribute and sketch to honor someone that seemed like a very genuine human being. Well done.

raena said...

Well done, I knew exactly who it was. Great tribute. I have a general distaste of Hollywood these days. I do wish there were more Patrick Swayzes there, maybe I would change my mind!

Karen said...

This is a lovely tribute to a wonderful man. You did him justice with your drawing. It looks just like him.