Friday, September 18, 2009

A Doodle & Migration

Two more doodle exercises that I did. I really enjoy working on the doodles; they are so relaxing. The first one is just silhouettes of various household appliances. Forgive my typo at the top of the page. I was so focussed on the doodle itself and filling in the letters that I completely lost it on the spelling. The second one is of migration and I would like to do more of these. I kept thinking about MC Escher when I was doing this one. I don't remember how long ago, but I was actually able to attend an exhibit of MC Escher's work at York College in York, Pennsylvania where I lived at the time. He did amazing things with his artwork and lots of it was based on geometry. I would never be able to do the things Mr. Escher did, but my fish made me think about him. If you have time, you should browse through his works. You will be amazed.

4 comments:

Melissa S. said...

I like this negative positive space idea! Thanks for sharing it.

Alex said...

Great concepts of black and white, and positive and negative pictures. :) I love how that when one is looking at your work, it looks like it's vectorized graphics... it's awesome!

Vidhya said...

Thanks for stopping by. See you more often :-)

Possum Patty said...

Love the migration. Yes, it also reminds me of Escher.