Monday, September 21, 2009

#37 Draw Some Keys


Here are my keys for challenge 37. Keeping in theme with all things Mustang, my keys are on a key ring I bought after I brought my Mustang home. It's the same icon that Ford has used ever since the beginning, the running pony. I plopped it down on my drawing table and left it there for 3 days while I drew it, in between doing household chores and making meals. An improvement in my time management. My family laughs at me and they are always talking about how many keys I have on my ring, but really it's not that many. The key to my husband's Nissan Sentra, one to my daily driver which is my 13 year old Toyota station wagon (still going strong!), the house key, and the three to the Mustang; doors, ignition and trunk. The little clip I use to clip my keys to my purse strap so that I don't need to do any digging. Done in my moleskine with 2B pencil.

19 comments:

Dan Kent said...

Excellent, excellent drawing.

mark mitchell said...

Superb! Love the clarity, contrast and simplicity of the end result.

Peachtreeart said...

Very nice range of values!

Alex said...

Beautiful details and really nice shading. Totally nailed the part where you need it to make them look metallic :)

marancat said...

Wonderful shading.

Possum Patty said...

Marvelous! Love the mustang!

Martine said...

Beautiful drawing and very realistic shades!

Doug said...

Outstanding work!
The keys look so realistic.
The detail; that shading...

dibujandoarte said...

wow Sherie, i love this drawing!

Ann said...

This is a fantastic drawing!

nanke's stuff said...

It really is a wonderful drawing. The shading is super and you got the perspective just right. Very well done! nancy

Gary said...

Man, I love this drawing - nothing better than a sharp pencil.

Phyllis said...

Outstanding for all the reasons already written...

Ellen said...

Great drawing! Shadows are great. And they're like mine...more than just keys. They have personality!

raena said...

Everything stated above! And I like how you've captured the reflective light on the side of that black key! Well done!

deborah said...

nice detail and depth with the shading.

deborah said...

nice detail and depth with the shading, flawless...

Revelle said...

You are an awesome artist. I spent some time on your websites! What kind of paper do you draw on. It has a great texture. Is it watercolor paper?
Revelle+

Shelly McC said...

Wow! This is stunning! Great drawing!