Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Days 7 thru 10

I am becoming more familiar with noses. Almost to the point where I can do them from memory. Practice makes perfect after all. My kids are wonderful models. They will do anything I ask them to. Dave sat with his head tilted back for a good five minutes while I sketched the upward angle. I'm trying to sketch the negative space instead, but sometimes it's hard. I really want to draw a line instead of shade the background, but I can feel I'm becoming more confident. I can't scan these every day as we are way too busy here, so I will be scanning and posting every few days. My oldest son will be graduating in the spring, so we are working hard to make sure he has all his ducks in a row. I'm so proud of him! 2B Pencil in small moleskine.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Very nice noses. I like the different angles and your shading really does the job.

Anonymous said...

Love all of your noses. You've inspired me to look for good models (all my kids are grown and married and my grandchildren can't sit still for a second unless they're sleeping). Next year faces is one of my goals and now you've made me want to start with NOSE practice.
Shirley
http://www.paperandthreads.com

Parson's Daughter Studio said...

Great noses... I've got to get on the ball. I have pen-sketched a couple, just need to scan and upload.

Martha said...

I really like all of your various noses :) You draw them very well indeed.

Anita said...

Great sketches. I find noses the most difficult feature, you seem to have them sussed!