Wednesday, December 5, 2007

#25 Draw a Glass

Glass is really difficult. so I don't do it that often. There are so many shades of gray. The thing I really love about glass, though, is all the reflections and the way that lines are skewed and travel from thin to fat. The way the surface that the glass is sitting on becomes broken up and moved around like one of Picasso's cubist images. There are amazing shapes in glass, but I find it hard to slow my eyes down when I am doing glass. For this reason I allotted myself 10 minutes for this sketch and no more. I'd like to do more glass and do it well... it's on the list! 2B pencil in my small moleskine. This marks the halfway point in my sketchbook.

5 comments:

Felicity said...

Well done, nice contrasts! Glass is SO difficult!

Roshanda said...

I like how you have captured the essence of glass. Very nice and in such a short amount of time!

Lynn said...

I agree, glass is amazing when you really look at the reflections. And you did an amazing job drawing this glass. It's really good!

Ann said...

Well done :) I do like your drawing, glass is very difficult to draw.

Anita said...

I love glass but I agree, I think it is a subject made easier with colour.
You did great!