Wednesday, November 28, 2007

#40--Draw Something With Folds

This is one of my many scrunchies that are all over my house. I have them on the shifter of my car because I like to drive with the windows down and I usually leave the house without one. I pull my hair up a lot depending on what I am doing around the house. But, my husband loves it so I will not cut it. Yet. I thought about doing this in colored pencil because the color is a really nice shade of magenta. But, Teri's goose really got me thinking about plain old graphite, my standby, so here it is. 2B pencil in my small moleskine.

12 comments:

TaraLin said...

Wow, this came out beautifully. I have really enjoyed browsing your site. Everything is so nicely done!

Bonny said...

This is a really good drawing. I bet it would be nice in coloured pencil as well.You could always try another verion with colour, maybe looking at from another view.. or as seen on your car's shifter!!!
Your graphite shading is fantastic!

Sherry said...

Wow, who knew that such a mundane object could look so intricate and cool?

juj said...

Amazing! The perspective is perfect and the folds are just beautifully done.

Ann said...

Wonderful drawing! I like graphite too, it's fun to draw with plain old pencil.

Lynn said...

This is fabulous! I really admire your ability to render the details so exquisitely.

Susan Hosken said...

Can't even begin to figure out how you do such detailed drawings. I can only do outlines!
Lots of love from Susan in Australia

Karen said...

Nice rendering of the folds!

BMoon said...

that scrunchy is fantastic....glad you uploaded such a large image of it so I could really take a look at that pencil work....fab.

Teri C said...

Those folds are gorgeously done!!

caseytoussaint said...

Beautifully done, Sherie! I find anything in fabric so difficult...

Alanna said...

what a great scrunchie! You certainly captured all the folds and shadows of this everyday object! Thanks for visiting my blog!