Wednesday, August 15, 2007

EDM #7 Draw a Jar

I finally completed another challenge. And these are challenges to me. I always go into it excited, but I quickly become bored. That's what happened here and that's why it looks a little wonky. I did it in my small moleskine with a 2B pencil. Good thing it was sitting on the drawing table for so long, otherwise I would've felt compelled to draw all the condensation on the glass! I think the reason I am bored is because my motivation is back and there are other things I'm working on. So, I probably won't be pushing myself to do the challenges as often, but I'd still like to do them, because after all that's how I got my motivation back in the first place.

4 comments:

laserone said...

I looked at the large version, I like it! :)

Jana Bouc said...

Your work is so beautiful. The jar is great and the iris is stunning. I know what you mean about EDM vs IF vs just painting/drawing from one's own inspiration. Lately I haven't been doing much EDM/IF stuff because I'm so inspired to do my own thing. Either way though, we're doing our art so it's all good!

Juliann L said...

I like the looseness of this drawing. You have fun with these excercises, I can tell ! they don't scare you do they. Keep doing them Sheri!

Cati said...

Your work is great. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have added you to my list of fantabulous creative bloggers - hope that's ok?