Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 4 of 7


Last night my husband and I drove to Cary to check out a table tennis group that meets there. My husband works all the time and is looking for something to get him out and meet people and get a little exercise. He used to play in college and really enjoyed it. So, off we went and I took my sketchbook along. It is really difficult to draw people in motion, but even more so when people are playing ping pong. I did notice that all my faces, though of men, were coming out quite feminine looking. I would get the faces mostly done and then they would change partners. I just kept at it trying to get the limbs to look natural, but they were moving too fast for me to draw accurately. Then, I got bored and drew my foot and a window and then drew some people in the bleachers across from me. They were a bit easier because they weren't moving so fast. All in all I think it was great exercise and I will continue to sketch moving figures because I learned a lot about the body and how it moves. I am now one quarter of the way through my moleskine. 2B pencil in small moleskine.

3 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

Nice sketches - my favorite is the close up of the foot in the sandal - yours?

Jenny said...

Have a camera handy! Nice sketches, especially for difficult circumstances.

When drawing men, I sometimes find it necessary to shorten/broaden the nose and square the chin/jaw area to get rid of my added femininity.

Kefira said...

Keep up the good work.