Tuesday, April 24, 2007

VOTE FOR MY ART!

Three of my pieces were accepted into an online exhibition at www.bestofartists.com. This is fun and exciting. I actually entered one of their shows a couple of years ago (2005) and made it into a book that they publish. If I can win the first place People's Choice Award, that would really make it exciting! People that visit the web site of Kennedy Promotions can vote for their favorite artist. Whoever has the most votes wins the grand prize of having their artwork published in a 32 page full color book. The ongoing books that they publish are the Best of Artist book for each state. So, supporting the web site because Rene Kennedy supports artists is a good idea in and of itself. She is working to get artists the exposure they need. You can see my work at this link. I am the sixth entry from the top. You can vote there, too. Once a day, every day until voting ends at the end of May. A friend put the link to the voting on her desktop so she can vote and won't forget. You can only vote once a day because they track the IP addresses for the computers. Thank you to those who vote for me because your support is very much appreciated!

9 comments:

Teri C said...

Oh darn it, the link works but I can't see your art, I get the little boxes with the x in it. I will check back later.

Sarah said...

I hope I get to leave this comment - last time my connection went just as I was about to post!.

Thanks for your comments re: my art - I really appreciate them.

I had great pleasure voting for your work - I'll do so again. I can't quite understand why you feel you have difficulty with colour (irises, below), because it all looked good to me. I thought the palettes on all three works were excellent, and all your entries were beautifully done.

littlemithi said...

Will be voting as soon as I can! By the way, thanks for the comments on my blog...

Laura said...

Hi Sherie - I'll be sure to vote for you and this is a bit delayed but thanks for stopping by my blog last week! =)

Jenny said...

Love your slide show! To do that much detail would scramble my brain, but it's a pleasure to admire your work.

Serena said...

Sherie, you artwork is amazing!!! Thanks for your comments on my blog.

I just finished casting my vote. AWESOME work! :)

artnewbie said...

Best of luck with the exhibition - your work is just lovely! Diane.

Anita said...

Beautiful work, I honestly liked your exhibit the best from those I viewed and have voted for you! :)

Anita said...

Hi.
I was recently 'tagged' and now have to tag seven other art blogs to join in the fun.
I hope you'll play along.
You will have to visit my blog to read the rules.
http://artbyanita.blogspot.com/2007/05/tagyoure-it.html
Anita