Thursday, March 29, 2007

Springtime in the south




These are some pics of my yard in the springtime. The people who lived here planted all kinds of flowering shrubs and plants so it's beautiful in the spring. I'm sad, tho, because we are leaving for the beach for a much needed vacation and I'm afraid everything will be done blooming while we are away. I hope my iris' don't do anything until we get back. The first pic is a small tree and you can't tell by the picture, but the grass underneath is carpeted with little purple flowers. I'd like to do this scene in pastel, so that's why I took the pics. My son was cutting the grass yesterday and he left this part of the yard untouched so I could enjoy the violets. He's a great kid! The next 2 pics are of the backyard from our deck. I have big plans for the grove of trees. Shade shrubs and a small private sitting area with ivy and ground flowers. It will be my oasis from the world. The last pic is of a tulip tree. This is a most unusual tree and I'd love to do a pastel of it also. Happy springtime to all!

4 comments:

bec said...

Ahhhhh! so nice to see trees in bloom... especially the red bud --should make a beautiful drawing...I'll check back later. Have a nice vacation at the beach!

Lin said...

Sherie -- your backyard looks like ours -- our redbud is in full blossom, the saucer magnolia is finishing up -- crab apples and cherries are all pink -- what a wonderful time! ENJOY your vacation!

Claudia said...

...my garden looks a bit similar at the moment! Nice shots! And thank you for your comment on my blog.

Anita said...

What a beautiful garden you have, so many trees.